They say „Home is Where the Heart Is“ – at least it’s where your heart should be. Unfortunately, lives throw so many things at us. Many times, the things that life throws at us consume every waking corner of our day. The kids need a ride. Dinner remains unprepared and your boss has a folder full of pleasant projects that need attention before 9 a.m. It’s the crazy, demanding world we live in.
But in the hustle and bustle of our increasingly demanding world, there’s somewhere we call Home – a place that’s intended to be as warm, nourishing and refreshing as a mom’s embrace. It may seem cliché, but you need your rest. And nothing gets us there quite like home.
We like to say that a house is just that until it’s been lived-in. Sure, it seems obvious, but making our spaces a home is a completely different undertaking. It’s about creating a space, a refuge or landing spot for you and your family. It’s the proverbial and pun-intended „home base.“ It’s the future back-drop to notable events and very special moments – with or without pictures to prove it.
Enter our blog at Omni Home Ideas… well, technically, if you’re reading this you already have! It’s a little peek into what makes all of us at Omni Home Ideas wake up each and every morning; helping others make their spaces extra-special. We make houses, homes. How?
We think home improvement doesn’t need to break your budget. We think DIY projects can build great family relationships. And most important, we believe in sharing the very best tips, tricks and products to help get you there – efficiently, affordably and with that smile we all love.
You deserve it.
So, while they say, „Home is Where the Heart Is“, we believe that home is where every story begins. If you’re passionate about the nest that you call home, join us at Omni Home Ideas. We’re here to help. And to prove it, and for that lovely (and confused) young lady I met earlier at the hardware store,
Here’s a quick cheat-cheat to paint and wall colors:
- View your room during the day and night. Watch for shadows. Mind your window treatments and their impact on color.
- Find inspirations around you. Never go shopping for paint completely blind. It won’t end well.
- Once you land on a color you love, find a color wheel. It will help you identify your color’s opposite (hint: the perfect complimentary color or accent color)
- Visit multiple stores and outlets to check varieties and options. No two paints are
the same. Pick a location that best suits your needs (test can availabilities, free swatches, color guarantee, etc.)
- Get tester cans and use them. Paint full 12”x12” squares, in tandem on your walls.
- Let them breathe and live. Check them under various lighting scenarios over a few days.
- It’s a family decision. And you’ll know when it’s right.
- Buy a paint with a finish that matches your lifestyle. Matte means „I don’t have kids“. Always think about cleanability.
- Use tape. Mind your manners. Stay in the lines. No, I’m not your teacher, but
spending time in prep usually pays huge dividends in the final results.
It’s just paint. You can change it, so don’t stress too much. While everyone wants to get it perfect, it rarely happens. People change each day, week, year. We argue many change minute to minute, but that’s why we’re here.